Proceeds from the dinner are shared by the Sleep Research Society Foundation and the American Sleep Medicine Foundation. Every dollar raised at the dinner goes directly toward grants that are a part of the sleep research initiatives of the two foundations. During the dinner the recipients of the 2008 grants from each foundation will be recognized.
The Sleep Research Society Foundation is awarding the 2008 J. Christian Gillin, MD, Research Grant to:
- Nancy Johnston, DVM – Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Anna Kalinchuk, PhD – Harvard Medical School
- Mirjam Munch, PhD – Harvard University
- Yuka Sasaki, PhD – Harvard Medical School
The Sleep Research Society Foundation also is awarding the 2008 Sleep Fellowship Grant to:
- Natalia Tulina, PhD – University of Pennsylvania
The American Sleep Medicine Foundation is awarding the 2008 AASM Physician Scientist Training Award to:
- Josna Adusumilli, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Takeda Pharmaceuticals Grant for Sleep Medicine Post-Fellowship Research Year
- Ina Djonlagic, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Mikhail B. Litinski, MD – Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Dennis Hwang, MD – NYU School of Medicine
The SLEEP 2008 scientific program begins with the plenary session at 8 a.m. on Monday.